- Jersey City, NJ (Jan. 10, 2016)
- Washington, DC (Feb. 21, 2016)
- Baltimore, MD (March 5, 2016)
- Charlotte, NC (Mar. 13, 2016)
- Indianapolis, IN (Apr. 3, 2016)
- Dallas, TX (May 1, 2016)
- Seattle, WA (May 15, 2016)
- Nashville, TN (July 24, 2016)
- San Antonio, TX (Aug. 21, 2016)
- Houston, TX (Sept. 11, 2016)
- Louisville, KY (Oct. 2, 2016)
- Princeton, NJ (Oct. 30, 2016)
- Champaign, IL (Dec. 3, 2016)
- Raleigh, NC (Jan. 31, 2016)
- Columbus, OH (Feb. 28, 2016)
- Bucks County, PA (Mar. 6, 2016)
- Chicago, IL (Mar. 20, 2016)
- Atlanta, GA (April 10, 2016)
- Milwaukee, WI (May 15, 2016)
- Denver, CO (July 10, 2016)
- Providence, RI (July 31, 2016)
- Charleston, SC (Aug. 28, 2016)
- Cleveland, OH (Sept. 25, 2016)
- Orlando, FL (Oct. 23, 2016)
- Boston, MA (Nov. 6, 2016)
- Latest LGBT Marriage Headlines
- Tory MP Nigel Adams apologises for voting against gay marriage
- Kordell Stewart Addresses Gay Rumors; Plus Reveals His Biggest Regret From Marriage To RHOA Star Porsha Williams!
- Romanian President urges tolerance amid gay marriage questions
- Tory MP makes powerful apology for voting equal marriage
- Tory MP Nigel Adams: I deeply regret voting against gay marriage
- Swiss support gay marriage but not so keen on adoption according to recent survey
- Eight Alabama counties still refuse to issue marriage licenses despite gay marriage ruling
- Is Mexico Ready For Gay Marriage?
Welcome to Same Love, Same Rights®
Defending Equality Across the Nation!
In a landmark ruling on Friday June 26, 2015 the US Supreme ruled that states can not ban same-sex marriage ushering in a new era for gay rights in America. This was a huge victory for the LGBT community! Unfortunately today there are still those who would seek to deny same-sex couples the same rights and dignity afforded to their hetreosexual counterparts. As a minority in America, our mission remains clear we must take the initiative to claim Equal Rights as our own. SameLoveSameRights, a subsidiary of RainbowWeddingNetwork.com, provides a variety of tools to help each of us, in states all across the nation, take steps to make that happen.
How We Began... Same Love, Same Rights® was created in response to the first Federal Marriage Amendment Act, built upon the foundations of the work of RainbowWeddingNetwork.
In 2000, RainbowWeddingNetwork.com was launched by founders Cindy Sproul & Marianne Puechl as the first wedding gift registry ever specifically dedicated to the Gay and Lesbian community. The site quickly grew to become the most extensive online LGBT wedding resource, receiving over 1,000,000 hits its first six months of existence. In 2003, the company began producing many of the nation's first Gay and Lesbian Wedding Expos - and as the issues surrounding Gay Marriage Rights and Equal Rights for LGBT Families became more heated throughout the country, the team of RainbowWeddingNetwork (RWN) decided to bring a stronger sense of Activism to the Expos and to the company's work generally on behalf of LGBT weddings. With the proposed Federal Marriage Amendment Act in 2004, the founders of RWN moved forward with the Same Love, Same Rights® campaign in full force.
With a diversity of outlets, the RainbowWeddingNetwork Family provides gay and lesbian couples, as well as our advocates, immediate access to resources to enact real change and to connect with likeminded individuals and business professionals who also believe in the importance of lasting Equality for all LGBT citizens in every state throughout America.
Our mission is to bring a higher level of true cohesiveness to the LGBT community, as well as a renewed sense of legitimization concerning our vision for equal rights in marriage and in creating and protecting our families.
Across America, over 19 million citizens identify as gay or lesbian. Add to that number our brothers and sisters who are bisexual, trans-gendered, queer or questioning, along with our community's advocates & allies... and we become a powerful minority that must be recognized! If we each take an active stance, and take responsibility for the ongoing pursuit of Equality within our nation, there is no doubt we will achieve Equal Marriage and Family Rights within our own lifetimes.
JOIN US! We hope you'll add to the conversation with us on Facebook, Twitter, or choose to attend one of our LGBT Wedding Expos.
Get Involved! Together, we make Equal Rights inevitable.